Thursday, February 27, 2014

Wreck of the Anubis - A short ASE adventure

Last week in my ASE game the party investigated a wrecked paddle wheeler in the depth of the Livid Fens.  The adventure itself is a simple "wizard tower" designed to be thrown in as a random encounter. All the same I typed it up, illustrated it and drew up a silly isometric map for the thing.  The adventure is linked below.

I'm not sure what level this thing is for, the treasure shouts out 2nd - 3rd level, while some of the monsters are rather dangerous for a second level party.  Of course the best solutions for this adventure are to avoid combat where possible.

The party I ran it for was large (7 characters) and of  varying level from 1st to 4th.  They had no trouble with the ticks or zombies and managed to negotiate a peace with the Botanist (lucky reaction roll) while clearing out most of the treasure. Likely I'll edit this for typos in a day or two - also maybe add a normal map.

THE WRECK OF THE ANUBIS - PDF

6 comments:

  1. Looks really good! I like the layout (though it seems to me maybe a little more space between tables and the following text might be good--just a suggestion). Also, is the somewhat nonstandard capitalization (Ship, Stern, Mandrake) to add to the fantasy-ness of it?

    I really like the sort of quick info boxes on each location and the art and maps are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Trey, that's just a lack of an editor.

      Delete
  2. Looks really good, will have to check it out tonight. Love the artwork and maps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you are awesome - you are one of about 4 writers who i can drop into my psychon setting and not blink, crow prince of gonzo weird fantasy gaming style

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its been a while but...

    Area G there is a Trap listed but I'm not sure how it fits in?

    This is good stuff, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trap is an accident - it's left over from the adventure I stole that table/description box from.

      Delete